Wednesday 14 January 2015

A New Baby And A Busy Lifestyle

After recently having my second child - and I have to admit it- I now understand why everyone has been telling me "I will have my hands full". For the first few weeks I was completely exhausted, and even though my daughter isn't really little anymore, I was always worried about her feeling left out. Now about a month in and with the new year here, I have decided to stop complaining and get into action.

I usually like to think of myself as quiet an organised mum. I am good with planning the week and meals, whilst still having time to squeeze in the odd gym session or two. Having two children to look after changed all of this, with my routine being completely thrown out. Now thanks to a few new techniques and methods I am now an expert in handling every situation, and my life is back in full swing. Below I have listed my top tips for fitting your new baby into your busy lifestyle and getting back in control for the new year. 



Plan Again

I have definitely learnt in the last few months to accept that my old routine will never be the same again but that doesn't mean that I am then completely out of control. Don't be afraid to create a whole new plan for your week that caters for your new needs, whether that means changing your gym schedule or including more time to relax in the evening. You will feel better for it and this will prevent you from rushing around. 

Take Your Baby With You

I have recently discovered the world of baby wearing and I have to say it has completely changed my life. After discovering this amazing device called Baby Slings from one of my most favourite baby sites, my baby and I are now completely mobile. This has also increased our bond as we are always together whether this is out at the shops or just doing general work around the house. 

Have At Least One Night Off A Week

If I didn't have at least one night off a week I most probably wouldn't be as cheerful and fun to be around which would greatly affect my children. At least once a week my husband and I will have a night off and either just watch the T.V. or have a simple date night. This allows us to spend time together and just relax. 

Make Sure You Both Have Enough Sleep

This may seem easier said than done but I try and get my children and myself into a regular sleeping routine. This helps to improve mood and also have more energy when it comes to spending time together. I also try to have a nap when my baby does so I am more alert as the day goes on. 

If you are a new mum, I hope that these tips will help you get in control for a happy routine that works for you and your baby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment