Wednesday 14 May 2014

What Can I Get My Dad For Father’s Day?



I know it’s about a month away, but Father’s Day is fast approaching – especially when you’ve got work and kids! With very little time to do anything, I like to get gifts for any occasion sorted nice and early, meaning I don’t have to stress about it closer to the time.

But the problem is, when it comes to Father’s Day, I always struggle for something to get. My Dad isn’t particularly picky, but then he has pretty much everything he needs so anything else is a bonus! Therefore I try to get something that he doesn’t necessarily have to keep, but something that he can enjoy. Here are some of my ideas if you’re stuck for inspiration.

Experience Day
Making memories rather than getting another keepsake is a great gift in my opinion, and there are loads of experience days that will let your Dad do just that. Whether it’s car racing, clay pigeon shooting or a sea safari experience, there is something out there for them to enjoy.

Family Meal
It’s not often that families get to spend quality time together, so why not treat your Dad to just that? You could book a table at his favourite restaurant, invite your brothers and sisters and just sit down and enjoy each other’s company. It will remind him of times gone by and there’s nothing more he’ll love than having his close family together again.

Food Hamper
I came across this idea a few years and since then I have to say, I’ve used it for many gifts for family and friends. You can make your own at home or build your own hamper online, where companies offer a range of products that you can pick and choose from. I usually end getting a bit of food and quite a lot of drink for my old man!

Day Out
If your Dad has always wanted to go somewhere or has a place that he loves to visit, why not take him there for the day? Invite family and friends and make a real day of it…you could even produce a photo album once the day is over for him to remember it.
So there we have it, just some ideas that I could come up with for Father’s Day. I hope you find them useful and, whatever you get them, enjoy spending the day with your Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment